Twenty-Something. Beauty Enthusiast. Fashion Fanatic. Chocolate Lover.

Thursday 25 October 2012

Bath Time ...




Creighton's shower wash, Raspberry balmi, Laura Mercier hand cream, Apivita mask, Body Shop body butter.

I find bath's the best way to de-stress and pamper, especially on these very dark and rainy Autumn evenings.  I was grocery shopping yesterday evening (oh joy) and as usual, had to stop and smell all of the delicious bubble baths and shower gels. Normally I am very restrained and don't buy anything, partly because I adore my current Ayuuri 'Indian Rose' body wash and partly because nothing smelt quite good enough to justify spending money on. That is, however, until I came across Creightons 'Vanilla & Macadamia Cocoon Bath & Shower Wash'. It literally smells AMAZING and at £1.20 is such a bargain!


I am a sucker for anything remotely vanilla scented, but this honestly smells divine and really needs a 'do not eat' warning plastered across the front of the bottle! It doesn't smell sickly sweet and too heavily of vanilla, which a lot of bath products fall in to the trap of doing. It is combined well with the macadamia and the two are balanced really nicely. I also think it smells a bit like brown sugar - but that might just be me! I'd had a really full day at uni so I thought what better way to unwind than to 'indulge (my) senses with heavenly extracts of vanilla and macadamia' (as is instructed on the front of the bottle) with a nice hot bubble bath.

Considering I was already committed to relaxing, I thought I would throw a face mask and some luxurious moisturisers in there too! For a bath and shower wash, this bubbled up really nicely and also made my bath really creamy. The smell has real staying power (I could still smell it on myself today) and combined with my Apivita 'express beauty with honey' mask, was just the ultimate treat.

I have never tried any Apivita products before, but it is safe to say I will definitely be repurchasing their face masks. The mask was meant to moisturise and nourish and that is exactly what it did. It was a creamy face mask that didn't stiffen and dry on my skin, something I am not a huge fan of as I feel like my face cracks every time I go to frown or move my mouth - it also makes talking a complete impossibility! I believe Apivita is available at M&S, and all of their masks come in sachet packets which make them a great choice for travelling or for someone who is not a huge face mask user and only indulges in them every so often.

I finished off my bath time treat by slathering myself in the Body Shop's 'pink grapefruit' body butter. This not only smells amazing but is seriously moisturising too and combined with the Body Shop's ethics make it an all round winner for me. To add to the moisturising experience I gave my hands the once over with Laura Mercier's 'crème brulee' hand cream, which actually smells very similar to the Creightons body wash. At £13, it is expensive for a hand cream, but in my opinion totally worth it. It is not an every day product for me, but one for a special occasion or for when I need a little pick me up. Not to neglect my lips I smothered them in a good few layers of my raspberry balmi and then tucked myself up in bed socks with a Disney film.

What are your bath time must haves?

1 comment:

  1. Hi. Can you tell me where you got the bath and shower for £1.20 please?

    ReplyDelete